Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 60 August 13,2009

Dear Friends and Family,
Days without anxiety are a lot easier than days with it. I am picking up the pace a little. The hardest part is leaving Doran for any reason, knowing that he is in God's care, but he also doesn't have a voice. If I didn't believe in ministering angels I couldn't leave him. I am counting on any visitors to his room to be my eyes and ears when I'm not there. I have no control and I have faith that he will be cared for. I believe he is in good care at Kindred. This morning when I got there he had a big swelling, not discolored, under his knee. The nursing staff had xrays taken to see what it was but they had seen bone calcify like this before and it's not unusual. It didn't look like anything was wrong. He was a little more alert today. He does open his eyes when I talk to him and often he jumps at loud noises. He opens his eyes alot day and night. Please pray he can get the trach out..it will open many doors for us he can't look at now. It will take time and I'm being as patient as I can. God is aware of us. I believe in Prieshood blessings and he will be healed.
A family left Kindred for Lifecare at Littleton today. We cried and hugged and kissed goodbye. They live out North and don't want to be that far away. Her husband had meningitis and then a stroke three months ago. He can stand with a lift and take small steps. YEA! I want Doran to be at the facility they took him to. I am sick about moving him to a nursing home. Insurance dictates a lot. Read your health insurance and find out how much long term skilled nursing care it covers. Think seriously about longterm healthcare. We looked at it four months ago and decided we were too young to pay that premium every month. Can't go back now.
I love and appreciate all of your kind words, prayers, and love so very much. I can't tell you how many nice things we have had done for us everyday. Doran and I will never forget how much care we have had shown us. Patsy's visit. Amy's Jon's and Tandy's wonderful visits Angela McFadden has been the most wonderful secretary and friend this month. What would we do without the kids we have? No words can describe our gratitude.
I look forward to Steff and Asia annd Enoch coming soon. LOVE TO YOU ALL. Joye

No comments: