Sunday, August 2, 2009

fromJoye

This is the first day I've felt ok enough to write on Amy's blog. I thank Amy and Jon for keeping this going. I am going to be with Doran everyday with a lot of faith and hope and expecting a complete miracle. It will happen in God's time, we hope you will each remain faithful until it happens. He will need a lot of rehabilitation and we are counting on the Savior to help me be sure of the course I should take and how to help him. On the other hand God will show us what to do and I turn his daily care and keeping to him...(and the angel nurses at Kindred Hospital).
New lessons I'm learning. patience!...also that moments when I think I can't live without Doran heaven sends me an angel to give me hope. Last Thursday Angela, Brad and the kids made me go to the Natural History museum for a few hours. I was walking around in anxiety missing Doran and trying not to slip into despair and Devin (my Grandson) brought me a event card someone had lost. I volunteered to go down to the lost and found with it. I got off the escalator and walked into Ellyn Franks who was walking to her family. "Joye, she said How are you?" I explained and she said..."Joye it's only been 42 days..he will get well, don't worry, he will be fine, Keep that faith strong." Ellyn is a rehabilitation nurse who works with brain injured people.
It felt so good. There have been so many of you who had been angels right when we needed them. Thank you all for your faith, faith always precedes the miracle and I am going to the hospital everyday expecting improvement. Today he looked at me.
The medical community is in a turmoil over the loss of our neurologist to a heart attack. We hope his family will be comforted. He was the doctor running Dorans treatment.
We want to thank all of you for your prayers, fasting. blessings, visits, and love. I couldn't have made it without my kids...family and friends I love you you are wonderful. Joye

2 comments:

Jonathan Whitaker said...

Thanks mom. Glad to hear he looked at you today

Lucky Larson's said...

Great Job Blogging mom--you did it wonderfully! Love to hear the news-Tell dad we love him!