Saturday, August 8, 2009

Landscaping Help

Hello All,
So sorry it's been a while since we updated this blog. My Dad is coming to a point where Kindred Hospital won't be able to keep him. He has had limited response to stimulation drugs and voice commands. Therefore they are asking us to start looking for a skilled nursing facility for him to be moved to. Any good ones you'd recommend in the Denver area?? It is a daunting search. You never want to have to look for a nursing home for a 60 year old man who just 55 days ago was as healthy as a thirty year old. But here we are and this is the path for us and for him.

My mom got legal guardianship, grated by the court yesterday morning. We are grateful for the advice to move ahead with this course of action, and Amy's help in filling the seemingly endless papers. We know this is what we needed to do, but somehow after the fact, it did not give us great relief.

My mom's heart is broken with grief because she is missing my Dad so much. She is always faithful.
This is Joye. Like Tandy said, "Everyday is like we are being tossed on waves in an ocean of paperwork and emotion. Somedays we sink, somedays we swim and somedays we float. This is true. I am swimming on my faith and prayers and sometimes I am overwhelmed. I am trying to learn everything God wants me to repent of, to be teachable, to get to a point where he can write upon my heart his will for us. To accept his will. When Doran is in pain I almost lose my mind. Please pray for our miracle soon. We love our Heavenly Father and know he is aware.
PEOPLE HAVE ASKED "HOW CAN I HELP"
Before the accident Doran and I started a retaining wall project. It is unfinished.
We are so thankful to some men in my ward, Darrin Thacker and Paul Farnsworth our HP Group leader for helping organized this great help.
Materials will be delivered to our home the week before Saturday August 29th. We are trying to get as many men and boys as possible to help us get our timber retaining wall into place. It will be an organized effort. If any of you could spend time that day to help us we would appreciate it soooo much. I understand that there will be two crews working at the same time beginning at 7:30 a.m. I am asking any of you who could help to contact Paul Farnsworth at 303-779-0126. email: pjfarns@hotmail.com
Any of your help would be so appreciated. My Relief Society sisters cleaned my house beautifully this week. Thank you Dear sisters. LOVE TO YOU ALL. I hope I can serve you again someday soon. Joye

3 comments:

oneduh said...

Hi Joye and family, Claudia Backman wrote me and told of me of Dorans' accident. We are just heart sick for you all. Such a tragedy for a wonderful family to go through. I am simply amazed at all of your faith and strength,(surprised? not all!), but never the less amazed. You all are in our prayers and thoughts continually. Just wanted you all to know that. Give him a hug and kiss from the Barnes', he will always have a special place in our hearts as you already do. I would help if I were there. Love you all always and forever, Wanda Barnes and family (from way out California way.)

Lucky Larson's said...

Angie--Wish I could be there to help--sounds like a rough week--we are sending all our love and hope this are a little easier this week--BTW--I can't find my phone so please call me at the house if you need me.
Love Amy

Danwhitaker said...

Continued prayers, hope and faith from Brother Dan. Love you all!