This is a bitter sweet post.
Dad was able to pass this morning in mom's arms.
Jon and mom went over this morning around 9:30.
Mom went right in and laid down with her arms around dad. About 30 seconds later dad took his last breath.
He was very peaceful and calm. Just like in life.
Angie and I were able to go to right away and see him. We were able to spend a few hours with his body before they took him.
It was very interesting--we were able to laugh, cry, and remember lots of memories.
at this time, please call before stopping by.
Thanks so much
Amy
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Witaker Family:
All our love, thoughts and prayers are with each of you. God Bless
Doran will always be in our hearts.
Always
Don & Gay Woodhouse
I was able to visit with your mom for a while on Friday morning at the hospice. Your dad seemed so peaceful to me, and that is truly a blessing. In the 5 years I have worked at the hospice where your dad was, I have seen a great variety of deaths. Many time they are not peaceful, many times there is no family around, many times there is great anguish. There was none of that with Doran. He has been surrounded by family; he has the beautiful gift of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in his life. We are so blessed as members of the Church - we KNOW that we will see your dad again.
Of course, even with that testimony, I am sad - death does bring sadness. From my earliest memories of my childhood, I always felt as though Doran was an uncle to me, and that you all were my family. I love each of you!
I imagine your Dad is already hard at work on his next "high council" assignment - he never was one to sit around. He blessed many lives here, and I am certain he will continue to do so.
My thoughts and prayers keep flowing in your behalf. I love you all. Please let me know if I can be of service now or in the future.
Megan Lips & Family
I'm sorry to here about Doran's passing. I wish your family the best. Take care Joy - Scott Barnes
Amy, my heart truly goes out to you and your family! Kirk and I are continuing to pray for you and your whole family that you will all be blessed with comfort and peace. I was so happy to read that your mom was able to be with your dad with her arms around him when he passed away. We hope your whole family will be blessed with continued comfort, peace, and strength. We love you all!
Post a Comment