Monday, September 7, 2009

In Denver

Hello all,
I am now in Denver and was able to go see dad with the girls this morning...

Before mom left her cousin from Utah stopped by--I want to say Chris and Diane Huish--I am sorry if that is incorrect--I will clarify and fix this when I am able to talk to mom again.

Kindred is completely fenced in and the back doors (which look like where the Dr's are supposed to enter-and not visitors) are the doors you are suppose to enter. I guess you are supposed to stop at the security desk when you first walk in--but I didn't know I was supposed to--so we went right up to see dad.
Pepper just stared at him for a while and then was interested in the room and playing.
Sedona had lots of questions and walked around him and just looked at him.
I found myself talking loudly to him, which is silly because he isn't deaf, so I am sure that is a pain to dad to have me sitting there almost yelling at him! I was doing better by the time we left.

He was sitting in his reclining roller chair. Mom had taken him outsider earlier. He was freshly shaved and mom said his hair was cut and washed. He only had both eyes open for a minute while we were there. He has lost weight, which isn't a surprise, since I lost saw him.

The room is very nice. The only time I have really seen a hospital room is when I gave birth, and the recovery room I was in looks a lot like the room dad is in now. There is space for his bed and another single bed if mom wants to stay the night. He also has a recliner and a chair.
It is bigger than I thought, but could see it get quickly filled up if he had very many visitors at one time. There are pictures and cards all over the walls and that is great. Now that I am here I will also be adding some.

There has been lots of support and I know my mom has expressed to us over and over how grateful she is for her "family" that lives by her and what a strength the stake/ward has been to her.

Mom took some pictures of the room which I will post later. And I will ask again if we can post a picture of dad, for those who can't come and visit.

We were there a little more than an hour, but the girls (ok mostly Pepper) was getting wild so we left.

I will write more as more happens and I will try to post pictures later.

Thanks for all of you!
Amy

1 comment:

Wendy Van Noy said...

Dear Joye and family,

I have been following your Dad's progress since the accident and I am very saddened to hear the latest news. What a wonderful man he is! I always felt peace when I was around him. He is a great example of how our Savior treated people and how He would want us to treat others.

My prayers go to you and your family to help strengthen you in this time of trial. May He bless you with peace and comfort and an ever increasing testimony of eternal life and eternal families!

Love,

Wendy Van Noy