Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hard blog to write and post....

Dear Family and Friends,

Again, these Blogs are so difficult to write and I wish I could call each of you and talk with you and hear your memories of dad personally.

Since that isn’t possible as this point in time, I am so sorry to let you know that as a family we have decided to move dad to hospice.

For those not aware of hospice, hospice helps those who will be dying be able to pass away as comfortable and peaceful as possible.

Dad did let mom know long before his accident that he would never want to live like this, and we as a family have decided that it is best for dad.

We are so sad and we have prayed, talked, cried, fasted, cried more, talked more, and prayed more. This is the correct choice for dad.

We know this is such hard news to hear and we are so sorry.

Please, again, do not call mom at this time with questions. Contact Amy at 719-274-5711 for questions, or post them as a comment. I know there are many who do not check the blog, so if you could let others know this will help.


Also, we would like to collect memories of dad, many of you know stories that we don't know. . .
If you have a memory you would like to share with us email them to
Chaplin222@hotmail.com
Or
Amylady222@hotmail.com
I will try to respond to each of them to let you know we received it.

We love all the support, love, and kindness that has been shown.
Thank you so much
Tandy, Angie, Amy, Jon and Mom

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Our love and prayers are with you all. We love you and your mom and dad so much.

Cheryl said...

Oh Amy, our heart truly goes out to you and your whole family! Thanks for all of your updates on this blog and the updates from others in your family too. We will DEFINITELY keep you, your dad, and your whole family in our daily prayers. We pray you will ALL be blessed with peace, clarity, and comfort. We love you and your family galore!

Meredith said...

Angie, I am so sorry that your family has had to go through this tragedy. I am sure that you father here and your Father in Heaven are proud of your faithfulness. I really don't think that anything could make the death of a loved one bearable except for faith. I am glad that you are able to be close to the temple because I'm sure that the peacefulness there can be a great comfort. Our hearts are with you.