Ok so I bet you thought that I was done blogging, but guess what..I'm not!!
I am sure I will feel the need to blog on and off about Dad. You don't have to keep up with this anymore, but I will keep it up for a while.
The viewing tonight went really...well!
I actually enjoyed myself alot.
I told people--"what a horrible reason to have a great family reunion!" and "forget this waiting till we die...whenever someone gets old or sick or even a hangnail- lets have a "funeral" when they are living. Seriously!--why wait till people die to tell them how amazing they are and get all the people they love together!!
Anyway! I am more like my dad in the fact that it was great to see so many "old" friends and lovely family members. We missed a few important Key people in dad's life tonight, but I know we will see them tomorrow.
Tonight there were lots of tears, but I heard, and was involved in a few huge laughs!
Tomorrow I know there will be lots of tears, but I hope there will be of a feeling of celebration!
The women who cut Tandy and I hair today to us that when her dad died---An eposiobe of Dr. Phil (yes inspirtation can come from supriseing places!) told us that it is SO important to celebration the life of a person who has passed and not the death! I KNOW that is how dad would feel, but he would also take what good that person did and try to do it in his life also.
One thing dad was good at was connecting to family. I feel like I would like to try to call different family members each week. Just spend a few minutes talking with family and connecting with them. After seeing the AMAZING family-(both mine, dad's, and mom's) I have I need to connect to these people more! I am sure I will chicken out, but I really hope not! So Family---I need you to email your phone numbers to me at amylady222@hotmail.com Give me your number and I will call you!
One more thing--I am suprised to see families come together for this. Jim Fischio's grown kids all came, my Dad's siblings and Nana all came, and a few other families (not related to us) had some kids come in and have been able to spend time with their families because of the funeral. Just a another blessing--families coming together!!
Ok--time for bed--
Love to you all!
Amy
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you, Amy, Jon, Tandy, Angie and Joye and everybody else who made this week one to remember for the rest of my life. Full of sweet spiritual truths, love, support and kindness, all in the name of Doran. He will be a shining light and example for all of us for our lives. Love you all.......Dan
Post a Comment