Today dad will be moved to Hospice.
He will be at the Johnson Living Center on Arapahoe road--by the King Soopers.
Tandy was able to fly in today and will be here any minute. Angie will be here next week and Jon is still trying to figure out classes. We are excited for our family to be all together. I will not be leaving until after the funeral--
They were supposed to move him at 3:00, but yet at 5:30 they had yet to start transporting him. I am sure by 7:00 they will have moved him.
Hospice will start weaning him from the feeding tube to help his body be able to handle this transition more smoothly. We were told that with in a few weeks dad will be able to pass away.
I am thankful for Hospice.
Please if you visit mom and dad only share happy thoughts with mom and keep in mind that mom is easily overwhelmed, mostly I think she would just like to talk about good dad memories and other happy news.
We want everyone to know that we have been blessed. With in a few weeks all of us kids and mom all felt like this was the right thing to do. Not a single one of us feels like this is wrong, or even that the timing is wrong. We have really been united as a family, both immediate, extended, within our own little families now, and even as a ward family.
(I should explain that in our religion our congregation is called a ward and not a congregation)
Not only that, but when a decision was made everything came together very quickly and very easily. It was much more work to move him to Kindred and was even harder to look into long term care, but once we decided on hospice everything happened so smoothly.
Life sometimes changes on us and we are not angry about it. We are thankful for the time we have had and that dad has lived such a wonderful, happy, and blessed life.
Thank you to those who have shared memories, and we hope to gather many many more!
chaplin222@hotmail.com
Thank you
Amy
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Amy-thanks so much for updating us. I'm sure it's not easy writing writing some of these updates so just know that we really appreciate it. Your family remains in all our prayers.
Amy, I want to send love to your whole family at this time. I want you to know how proud I am of all of you, how brave and faithfull you all are! You are amazing at writing all these things out here in words Amy!
My heart is with you!
This is Rhonda; Doran's youngest sister. I just want to tell each of you who are reading this, that I witnessed the family growing through each step of this process; holding phone conferences; discussing every single aspect, every single option, & every single idea they could come up with. They listened to the DRs., to Doran's siblings, to his Mom, and to their close friends. Joye said from the very beginning she would know in her heart when the time was right and what she would do at that time. ALL of them came to the same conclusion at the same time and were at total peace with their timing and their decision. As a loved one who is near, I've had the priveledge to watch my brother's family come together like never before and it has been inspiring to say the least. No doubt their decision has been guided by a loving Father in Heaven. I think Doran is too close to PERFECT to remain on this earth, so God had to call him HOME! And we will cherish the day we get to greet him again with open arms!
You have made a courageous decision that no one ever wants to make for a loved one. Hospice is wonderful -- they were there for my dad & my older brother and gave all the rest of us much needed help and support. We appreciate your posts and hope you know that many people are grieving at this news even though they may never leave a comment. Doran will be missed -- Joy is blessed to have him as her eternal companion. Our love and prayers go out to all of you. Howard & Diane Formisano
Post a Comment