Hello everyone, this is Amy again. Jon has now returned back to BYU to get ready for the new semester, so since both Jon and I are away I am not sure how often blog posts will happen. I try to talk to my mom at least every other day and will post the information I get from her.
Dad has been running a fever on and off for a long time and yesterday it was normal, so we are hoping to have his fever stable, but with all the changes in his body and all the healing I would assume it is pretty normal to run fevers. Also as far as I understand they haven't been high fevers--all under 101, since the first week, so that is also good news.
We have a wonderful friend who is a well respected doctor and he was able to get the MRI's and get his friend to take a second look at them. This type of brain injury is not common, but he let us know that it is not hopeless---and we are NOT hopeless. The amount of people who are still visiting dad and mom are amazing! What a supportive and loving group my parents have in place.
When ever I ask mom if I can post something--she tells me over and over--
"Tell everyone to put their faith way out there--because we are--we have great hope and faith that a miracle will happen."
When I ask her what I can do for her--she tells me over and over--
"Just love each other, take care of your family, be safe--that is what I need you to do for me."
She is still not excited about the drive, but she really likes Kindred and the people she interacts with there, both the staff, and some of the others who have loved ones at Kindred.
Mom is still in the process of getting the Legal Guardianship and we are hoping we filled out and filed all the correct papers--that will be coming up in about a week--so we hope it goes smoothly. Things will be easier for mom after that official document is in her hands. People have been extremely supportive and loving and we can't say thank you enough to EVERYONE who has been helping us.
I wish I had more to post, but I think that does progress, thought it will be a full recovery, will try our patience and we all have to just keep our love and support up. Don't give up hope or faith--the body can be healed it just takes a while for everything to connect again.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment