So as my mom, brother, and sister walked in the nerosurgan asked to talk to them along with the head nurse.
From what I understand this is some of the information they were given
BAD news first....
There is some swelling in the Cerebellum and Brain stem which means there is some brain injury, but the extent is unknown and will not be know until he wakes up and is able to take some other tests. They don't know which part(s) of the brain was (were) damaged, but with an MRI they might be able to tell more...but not the extent of the damage-again until he is awake.
GOOD news....
The brain has spaces in it and with dad they had filled up with blood, which is not good, but now the blood has been absorbed (I guess that is what happened) and that is a really good sign. The Nerousurgan said that they can take some of the pressure off the brain, but with dad that isn't an issue--His injuries are not surgacail so that is good--I guess.
That is all I have this morning.
Let you know when I have more.
Thanks
Amy
Friday, June 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment