While Tandy, Jon, my mom, and I were in the room with dad today the orthopedic surgeon came in and we were able to talk with him.
The surgeries will take place early next week-maybe Tuesday and they will be doing the arm and leg at the same time. It will be at least a 5 hour surgery. The doctor gave us two options, an internal, or external, fix. The Internal would be placed and then there would be no further dealings with it, but the external would require some more things and the risk of infection is great, but the infection would be less then if the internal got infected.
So the doctor told us that he really wouldn't suggest one over the other....but when Jon asked what HE would do if HE were laying there the doctor really took a minute and thought about it and then said, I would do the internal.
A funny side note is that he is very soft spoken, so the whole time he talked mom, Jon, and Tandy were really listening hard, and the Doctor would cover his mouth at times and everytime he did that all three of my family members would lean in and at one point he actually kind of took a small step back when they did it. I was trying really hard to listen so I wouldn't miss anything, but I was also laughing on the inside watching my family do this little back and forth dance depending on how loud the doctor spoke.
Jon also is going to talk to someone about shadowing, maybe even in the Operating Room. He isn't sure if he wants to be with Dad's surgery, but wants to see one. SO that would be exciting!
Asia and Sedona are playing wonderfully today so I have been able to get some paper work in order. Anyone ever done a Petition of Guarditionship? There is alot involved and I just don't want to mess it up!
Dad is doing good, everyday he looks better and I wish we could see how the inside is healing, because the outside is doing good. We have a long wait, but the biggest thing now is him waking up.
Mark (dad's brother in law) was in a coma for 18 days, so maybe Dad is just trying to beat his record so he can "one-up" him! We are trying to be lighthearted while we wait. Mom continues to be amazing and we are so thankful for all the support we have recieved.
I think Tandy today is reading the comments to Dad so that will be nice.
If anything else happens later today I will write more, but really we are at a point where there isn't much going on...
Love to everyone--thank you!
Amy
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Amy. I just wanted you to know that we're still thinking about you and your family daily. The kids continue to pray from "Sis Amy's Dad to fill much better" without any prompts from Marlin or I. I hope you're okay? Again please let me know if you need anything down here.... (the float ahahaha... did I say that? ..jk ;P)
Olivia is begging to play with Sedona so we'll have to get them together when you guys get back into town.
with Love,
Tomena
Howard & I have been following Doran's progress on this blog and are praying for his recovery. He is one of the most upbeat, positive and faithful people we know and that will work in his favor. Joye, you and all your family are in our daily prayers. All is well. Love, Diane & Howard Formisano
The James A. Fischio extended family gathered today to celebrate June Birthdays. We spent time talking about you Uncle Doran and our love and concern for you, Aunt Joye and your whole family. We are all following the blog. It is good to get the daily updates. We are praying that Uncle Doran's surgeries will go well this week and that much progress and healing will occur.
Please know that we are thinking of you all and love you so much.
Love,
Cousin Heidi and the whole Fischio Family!
Post a Comment