I thought I posted this last night--SORRY
Mom is at the hospital right now-hopefully getting result of a cat scan-head, chest, and pelvis area.
Will write more when I know more
Anyway....as of yesterday!
Sorry for such a late post. Sundays are kind of our day to forget somethings for a while, like paperwork and that end of this ordeal, but I know everyone is waiting for news. I wish I could say I have big some, but I still don't. Also, I don't mind writing the blog, it is a great way to evaluate the good things that have happened--So thanks for reading, and for the comments.
I have also been thinking that I will start a post where you can leave comments that will be read to my dad when he wakes up--so if you want to comment on this post--I will read what you write to him when he is awake and ready to handle it all. We do try to read him the comments on here and the carepages. I believe they help him, and I KNOW they help us--so thanks!
Tandy, Steffani, Asia, and Enoch went home today and they will be missed. They are a great strength to us all.
Now just Jon and I are here with mom and I think mom kind of felt a little of the let down today--she was extremely tired all day, but we were able to go for a walk this evening and I think it was just what was needed!
When Jon and Mom went to see dad tonight mom said his trech tube wasn't making its normal gargling sound, and the respirator doctor said that is really good and they haven't had to clean it out much lately, which is also good. Mom said the trech looks better today so I was happy to hear that.
Uncle Dan, Dad's brother, was able to come in for a few days, which we were so glad to see! We all had a BBQ at Aunt Rhonda's house yesterday and it was really good food, and I think everyone enjoyed it a lot.
Happy Anniversary to Tandy and Steffani tomorrow! They were married in 2000! Congrats.
Uncle Dan and I were in dad's room while they were doing some routine stuff and I watched them brush his teeth--it was with this blue sponge thing-not a normal toothbrush, and at one point dad bite on the toothbrush and the nurse had to tell him to let go...I could just see him doing that to tease the nurse.
The other nurse had suctioning his trech out, which always makes him jump, and at one point his oxygen level started to drop--they called in another nurse and I left, I don't do well with hospital stuff--Uncle Dan came out a little while later and said, nothing is wrong, the blood/oxygen sensor had fallen off his finger, but as soon as they put it back on properly it showed he was fine. The nurses were a little nervous for a while until they figured that out I would bet.
We are starting to see lots of the same nurses---we have had Sakye (Sa-ky--almost like Sky with an A sound in it), Laura, Elizabeth, a male nurse I never got his name, and some others. Mom knows all their names. I also got a picture of Dr. Johason..Sp? but my camera won't download unto my parents computer and Lucas had to take it home. I really want to get some pictures of the staff so you can see who is taking such great care of my dad!
Anyway, thanks again for prayers, thoughts, and kindness that has been poured out to us.
Love Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment