Monday, June 22, 2009

Major Milestone--

Today was a major milestone.

Dad is able to breath with out the machines!! We have been waiting for two things--Out of the coma--which he is still in....and be able to breath on his own!!

Faith precedes the miracle is what I keep thinking. We had a great faithbuilding Sunday and on Monday we are blessed with one of the major things we have been waiting for.

Now the other wait still continues, but we are still very hopeful!

They turned off the machines this mornin and he is doing great.
The way I understant it, they do leave the machine on to do one breath every minute, but that is just to make sure if something were to happen it could be turned up quickly again with out waisting time, but Rhonda was also telling us that the tube in his lungs can collapes down, like a balloon so it won't be in teh way and it isn't on at all, just still in place.

They also will leave his PEEP on at .5 which is normal until they take the resportator off.
PEEP--the amount of pressure air is blow into his lungs, up a little to help insure the lungs stay open--that is how I understand it.

Rhonda has asked for the Neurologist to come and talk with her because she had some more indept questions to ask--thank goodness for medically minded people.

Again, this is a direct result, I believe, of all the faith, pray, and love that was given in behalf of my dad and our family.

Thank you all again!!

Today is our last day with Angie so we ask that phone calls and visits are keep until after 5:00, when she leaves. Thank you!!

Love
Amy

PS: SO I was so excited to have hot coco this morning--only to find out that the machines water overflow filter was full and it will only dispence coffee now--but Angie begin the loving sister she is brought me some hot coco today--so I was able to enjoy a good cup of coco!!

2 comments:

The Carlson Crew said...

Amy, that is wonderful news. We are so excited and grateful that your dad is breathing on his own. We will continue to pray for progress. Sending lots of good vibes your way...and a cup of hot chocolate actually sounds really good right now!

Unknown said...

Amy, so glad he can breathe on his own. I'm hoping you get LOTS of hot coco tomorrow.

Lord, touch Doran right now. Give him strength. Speed his healing. We ask for a miracle of speedy recovery. Amen!